Net Control Operator Information
(Including Net Control Scripts)
Our Net Control Operators are the folks who make all your nets happen. Without them we would have no nets. The 3905 Century Club is very fortunate have a dedicated group of volunteers who act as NCS for our nets and we can always use more. If you are not currently an NCS, but have an interest in becoming one, this page may be just what you're looking for. Even experienced Net Control Operators may find some useful information here.
The following resources are available:
- We have a Net Control Guide that contains both requirements and procedures used when operating as a Net Control Station.
- We have a Net Controller's Study Guide designed to be used in conjunction with the Net Control Guide as a prelude to taking the NCS Proficiency Test.
- We have Net Control Scripts to be read at the start of a net; as reminders after check-ins have been taken, but before starting to make contacts; at halftime and at net closing. These scripts assure that certain information we want to be given out is given in a standard form. The following scripts are all contained in the Net Control Guide.
- The Preamble - used at the start of nets.
- The Reminders - used at end of check-ins before beginning rounds.
- The Halftime - used at the midpoint of a net before beginning the 2nd round.
- The Closing - a narrative for the end of the net.
- And we have some nice NCS Awards you can earn for performing duties as an NCS Station.
Additional help and advice is available from our Net Control Coordinators or from your fellow Net Control Operators.